Saturday 26 January 2013

The Makeup Diet Challenge: Day 1

Day: 1
Challenge Rules: The Makeup Diet 
Today's Choice: Concealer

My Experience:
Today was the perfect day to start this challenge; a low-key weekend day with a bit of running around for errands. Less fortunate is the breakout my skin decided to have just in time to toss away my usual concealing routine and use only one product.

Today I chose to use concealer as my one cosmetic. I'll admit I probably applied it with a heavier hand today knowing I wouldn't have the additional coverage of powder. Surprisingly I had no qualms about using only concealer today, possibly because I wasn't going to be seeing anyone other than the cashier at the grocery store. It just goes to show me that I don't need to wear as much makeup as I sometimes do; in the past I would have set my concealer with a bit of powder and would likely have used eyeshadow or eyeliner for definition.

With the upcoming week and at least one day of no makeup looming ahead, I decided to give myself a bit of a skincare bootcamp.

  • Exfoliate: today I used a sample of Jurlique's Fruit Enzyme Exfoliator  
  • Mask: 1tsp grey clay, 1tsp aloe vera gel, 5 drops calendula oil
  • Cleanse: Simply Natural Cleansing Milk (review coming soon) 
  • Tone: mist with rose floral water
  • Moisturize: Simply Natural Blemish Formula 
  • Spot Treatment: 1-2 drops Tea-tree essential oil
  • Finished with all-over application of aloe vera gel 
Even though I've just started I'm enjoying how this 'diet' has me challenging my own perceptions of beauty and makeup. 

If you undertake the 'Makeup Diet Challenge' let me know how it goes on Twitter @Droppingthemask or by email droppingthemask@gmail.com 



No comments:

Post a Comment