For starters there are two amazing things about this product.
1. USDA Certified Organic
2. Qualifies with the Leaping Bunny standard.
This balm comes in a handsome and handy container that can easily be reused or repurposed when the product is done.
This aromatherapy balm melts into your skin without leaving a greasy sheen. I recommend applying a little on your hands or temples by the hairline. Containing orange, lemon, spearmint, rosemary, cinnamon, and ylang yalng it smells like a sunny kitchen on a breezy summer day. I like to keep it on my desk for a middle-of-the-day pick me up when I'm feeling stressed.
At the very reasonable price of $7.99 a tin this is a great respite for a stressful day, and the perfect stocking stuffer as well.
Wednesday, 21 November 2012
Monday, 19 November 2012
Winter is here and with it the common cold. Your nose is red, you have dark circles, and you look pale. When Monday comes you have to face the challenge of dragging yourself out of bed and heading off to work. Here are a few tips to make yourself feel and look bit healthier- even on a Monday morning.
- Take a hot shower and put a few drops of eucalyptus essential oils on the shower floor. The steam will create an aromatherapy experience that will help you breath more easily.
- A personal favorite when I'm sick is Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Soap in Peppermint.
- Use a gentil exfoliator all over your face to brighten your complexion and prep skin for a mask.
- I don't know if the old wives' tale is true, but dry your hair right away so you don't catch a cold.
- Tissues with lotion can clog your pores- try a gentle clay mask just on your nose and cheeks.
- 1 tsp grey clay with equal parts water or aloe vera should do the trick. Leave on until dry.
- When your sick your skin tends to get greasy- moisturize with a light lotion only.
- If your nose is bright red try calendula oil to sooth the redness. It will absorb quickly.
- Apply a good tinted lip balm to add some colour to your complexion. I recommend Burt's Bee's Tinted Lip Balm.
- Try to keep makeup to a minimum when you're sick- by the end of the day it will have rubbed off from blowing your nose. If you have dark circles apply a small amount of yellow toned concealer or loose powder and blend.
Wednesday, 7 November 2012
Monday, 5 November 2012
bought by Clorox I have remained a fan of the brand, though admittedly I have been scrutinizing the ingredient list more thoroughly. One of my favourite products is their Beeswax Lip Balm. Its a basic balm with a touch of peppermint that does not feel greasy and lasts without the need for continuous application. It has no colour or shimmer and layers well over or under lipstick, and helps prevent chapped winter lips. At the reasonable price of $4.49 CAD I recommend this as an alternative to petroleum jelly (a petroleum byproduct) based chap-sticks for everyday use.
Sunday, 4 November 2012
I will start of by mentioning that though I have not been using this product for long, it has quickly become one of my favourite products. I had been looking for a good moisturizer that didn't make my skin feel greasy when I came across this product. Made in Canada and with a very reasonable price I decided to give it a try. Even after the first application the texture of my skin felt different. The formula is very soothing while also reducing redness and inflammation.
Even those with acne prone skin should be using a moisturizer, and I recommend this product for anyone who has so far been tentative to use for fear of breaking out.
A little goes a long way with this formula, but when I run out I will surely be purchasing it again.